Tuesday 23 December 2014

My Dad was my Father, not God...


First listen to this song,
http://youtu.be/djrY_eFDOwE
The rest of this post will make much more sense.


God the Father,
I never fully understood it
So many people struggle with 
God as a Father.
Usually When I come across someone
who has trouble viewing God as a Father,
It's because they had a crappy dad.
I don't (do) mean to brag,
But.. 
My dad is better than your dad.
He is by no means a perfect human being
or he would be Jesus,
But he is perfect in my eyes.
He gets me.
He loves me.
He prays for me.
He showed me that your past does not
dictate your future.
He showed me that I can do anything I put my mind to.
and  loved me so unconditionally 
especially through times of silence from me.
I put my parents through a great deal of
silence
 and therefore
pain
But they loved me still, they never gave up.
because of hurts by friends growing up and my 
own point of view, I shut down
I shut them out
My parents were not my safe place,
for many years.
Much of my high school life
was
and still 
is
a secret to them.
I was doing stupid things, 
and knew they wouldn't approve
and  I knew it would hurt them.
mostly because they raised me to be better than 
how I was acting.
so I made a habit of telling them nothing
still,
they prayed for me
and tried their best to be a part 
of my life. 
They showed me unconditional love.
and comforted me in times when I was vulnerable enough to be
comforted.
My dad hugs me every day
every day that I am in his presence
hugs
multiple times a day
and loving words when I am struggling
My dad operates in my love languages
he IS my love languages.
I think without even trying,
He just IS perfection to me.
Because he does his best to be my dad
and that's all I can ask for
_____________________________

When I looked at God, the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)
I saw Holy Spirit -- Helping me, guiding me, being my conscience
I saw Jesus -- My friend, someone I can pray in the name of
Someone who understands everything I am going through because
He walked the Earth -- He understands
And I saw God the Father as, God but not a father
The One who oversees my life, makes sure I'm taken care of
the One Jesus advocates for me to
just God, not a Father,
I couldn't understand how 
God is a Father.
When I was sad, I didn't feel Him comfort me
like my dad would.
I couldn't hear His words of love
whispered in my ear.
I just couldn't understand how 
any Dad could be better than
Avery Evashkevich,
not Even God,

After really experiencing Jesus this year,
(which is in another blog post earlier this year)
everything has changed in my view of God.
I felt God the Father comfort me in a way I've never been before
I have come to realize that God is my Father
I can now finally see how God the Father comforts me,
How God the Father looks after me,
I can finally hear Him whisper in my ear, words of comfort.
I realize now that it doesn't look the same as my dad's comfort


 
Because God is not a physical being.
therefore it's hard to hug someone.
and that's all I was looking for , for many years
But now I see all the different ways 
God the Father
comforts me,
It's amazing.
It's comforting,
My dad is
STILL
the best dad in the world.
Especially since our relationship 
has been rekindled, and the years of silence are over.
My dad is still better than your dad.  ;)
but he is still not perfect, because he is human,
and I am glad for that because

My God, God the Father..
He is perfect,
He is a GOOD GOOD Father,
That's who He is
and I am LOVED my Him,
That's Who I am.

This is Springtime.
Hugs and beans
Alia Evashkevich



There's no REAL explaination
or formula to how I got to the point where I am now,
Just a lot of seeking God the Father 
when it felt like He was silent.
It's like an experience that can't really
be explained with words.. 
i encourage you to seek God,
whatever 'spiritual level' you're at...

No comments:

Post a Comment