Friday 10 October 2014

Negativity is ruining my life.

Man, I cannot get over how easy it is to get stuck in the negative mind set
Negativity, Negativity, Negativity
all around us, every day, there is something that is wrong. 
We will not be satisfied. not even if we tried. 
Trying is lying. 


Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
There is a never ending news feed full
full of things we do not want to see
or of things we wish we could be.
Why do we always want what we cannot have?
I am so tired of wanting someone else's life
I forget that I have my own-- and I have an amazing life.

A friend from my childhood started sending names of flowers to people
so they can post it on their facebook page.
This is to interrupt the flow of negativity on the newsfeed. 
But how many of us will see these flowers and not give it a second thought
or even a first thought. 
In case you're wondering, here's the flower I was assigned. 
Take a second and just enjoy the beauty of God's creation 


I hate what we are becoming.
I just want to be with the ones I love.
But I am so distracted by people I do not care about on my newsfeed
Oops, did I say that out loud?
I do care for people.. don't get me wrong, but how much better
would our conversations be if I didn't already know everything about you
because I read your facebook page?
 I feel like my grad class doesn't even need a 10 year reunion in a few years
I already know what everyone is doing...
the only one's I don't have on facebook are the ones who deleted me
since I became a Christian -- A sold out Christian that is..

 I am so over social media, and yet.
yet.
 I cannot seem to leave it alone. 
I use it to procrastinate on my assignments. 
then cry when I'm late handing in an assignment.
I cry
Cry
Crazy. 
How many times will I do this to myself?

I looked at a my school marks today --
I couldn't figure out an assignment.
I gave up
I got negative
I didn't hand it in.
Brought my average down 15%..
I cried.
 
Negativity is ruining my life. 
My school,
My friends, 
My passion,
My zeal. 


Here's to positivity -- If you're not going to do your best to be positive,  I don't want to be near you.
sorry not sorry
Thank you very much. 
Hugs and Beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment